Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Tutorial - Love You to Infinity and Beyond

     The awaited tutorial for the Infinity card I shared with you through the Stamp 'N Hop blog hop this month is here.



     Your base will be 4 pieces of card stock measuring 3"x 6".  I made 2 of them in Rich Razzleberry and 2 of them in Grapefruit Grove.  These 2 colors are part of the Share What You Love cardstock pack in this month's promotion from Stampin' UP!
     Using the Simply Score tool, I scored each of the pieces at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2".  Then using the Stamparatus, I laid 2 of the same colored pieces side by side using the corner of the Stamparatus to keep them aligned with each other and so that the scoring was parallel to the top of the Stamparatus.

     Next I layered the other 2 pieces on top of those pieces but aligned them one above the other.



Then, I folded the top piece open on the score line and put tear n tape on the top square.  And then repeat on the bottom piece.  


     

     Remove tape backing and adhere top right side to the bottom right side.  Repeat last 2 steps on left side.
     Cut DSP - 8 pieces that measure 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", 8 pieces that measure 1 1/2" x 2 3/4", and 8 pieces that measure 1 1/4" x 1 1/4".  Use these as layers on the parts of the card.  Opening each layer of the card. Adhere with SNAIL. After first layer flip top piece up and bottom piece down.  Add DSP to second layer.  Open 2 large squares with left square going left and right square going right.  Add DSP to third layer.  Open third layer with top layer up and bottom layer down.  Add DSP to fourth layer.  To get back to first layer, open left side to the left and right side to the right.


     Add stamped sentiments and images this time through.  For first layer, I sponged colors for the background and then stamped the sentiment on it.  Then I layered it as a diamond on another square.
     Adhere this to the top layer center squares.  Second layer I inked wizard on one side with one color and other side with other color.  I also sponged the edges of the squares.  Each of these squares for the sentiment are on whisper white and are, I believe, 2" x 2".  I gave the card to my son for his 25th birthday and forgot to write down the dimensions for this layer.  2 large squares with sparkles on four corners are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".  These are for writing the personal message to your recipient.



Here is the video of the interaction with the card:


Sorry for my attire I was at a hotel and was hoping the camera was only on the card and my hands.  Hope you have enjoyed this card and the tutorial.  As stated in the earlier post for the blog hop, the cardstock, the DSP are both from the Share What You Love Suite that is now a pre-release available to be purchased in 3 different bundles with at least one free item in each bundle.  


Here is a video about the 3 bundles that are only available till May 31st with links to purchase them through my webstore below the video:




 Product List


Follow me to Stamp over the Rainbow,
Tracey Gouraud

1 comment:

  1. The pictures didn't come through - just a minus sign in the center of the blank space.

    ReplyDelete